As we are all painfully aware, Auckland entered COVID-19 Alert Level 3 and Level 2 for the rest of NZ on Sunday for a period of 1 week. This placed being able to host the Festival with 100% safety in question for us, with managing maximum numbers in multiple zones and maintaining sufficient physical distances etc. – technically possible but hardly relaxing for anyone.

In the interests of wanting to guarantee the safety of everyone concerned – guests, band members, volunteers, camp staff and the wider community, it has been decided not to go ahead with the event as planned this coming weekend, the risk is simply not worth it. As we have seen recently, COVID-19 can be spread in the community despite everyone trying to do their best, and no one wants any more of that.

Instead, we are excited to announce that the event has been rescheduled to Friday the 19th to Sunday the 21st of March.

The delay of 2 weeks should allow the current Alert Level restrictions to end and all of NZ to return to Level 1. We are very fortunate that almost all our musicians were able to reschedule, with the unfortunate exception of Midge Marsden who is booked for that weekend. So our Auckland colleagues will be able make it without having to running the blockade, and everyone should be able to relax and enjoy the freedom to attend events again – from what we see overseas, we are still very lucky.

Our goal is to move all bookings and ticket sales straight across to the new weekend – so please let us know that you are able to make the new, or if not, we can then discuss alternatives. We would love to promise you that this new date is 100% guaranteed, but we are all at the mercy of the COVID gods, though there may be a Plan-C date, watch this space.

We really appreciate everyone being flexible and really motivated to ensure the Festival goes ahead in these difficult times, and look forward to hearing back from you all.

Takeaway: Due to COVID-19 and safety reasons, the Island View Jazz & Blues Festival is being rescheduled to Fri 19/3/21 to Sun 21/3/21, accommodation bookings will be transferred across, and we really hope everyone can be there.

Best regards
The Jazz & Blues Festival Team